How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Arkansas After a Car Accident?
When You Should Have a Lawyer File an Insurance Claim
Larger claims oftentimes require different forms of evidence to support your claim, and crucial evidence is time-sensitive. While many people try to avoid hiring a lawyer in order to save money, they may actually end up losing money that they could have recovered simply because they did not know it was available to them or didn’t secure supporting evidence when it was available. Just as the insurance company has experts in their industry gathering evidence immediately after an accident and protecting their rights, you need an advocate gathering evidence immediately and protecting your rights as well. A person should always hire a lawyer to advocate for them, regardless of who is deemed at fault in an accident, if:
- Anyone involved has to be transported to a hospital from the scene of the crash.
- If any party’s injuries require medical intervention (ER visits, hospitalization, physical therapy, etc.)
- If the property damage incurred equals more than minimal
- If the party potentially at fault for the crash either has no insurance at all or is underinsured
- If you will be out of work for any length of time (due to injuries or property damage)
When insurance claims rise in value, insurance companies become more and more reluctant to simply cut a check; and if they do, it’s likely not the compensation you would have received if you had representation. Expensive claims are often denied or stalled by these big nationwide corporations.
And, when you’ve been injured in a car accident and are out of work, any delay in getting the compensation you need can be devastating to you and your family.
That’s why any victim who has been involved in a serious car accident should always speak with a car accident lawyer in Arkansas to discuss the options available to them.
The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney to File Your Insurance Claim
There are several proven benefits of hiring an attorney to fight for your rights as a victim after a car accident in Arkansas—and not all of them are financial.
- You are Likely to Get More Money – Statistics show that victims who hire lawyers to represent them—even in relatively cut-and-dry insurance claims—receive payments, on average, which are larger than those given to victims who do not work with an attorney.
- You’re Likely to Get Your Payout Faster – Attorneys can also expedite the compensation process by eliminating paperwork errors, streamlining the negotiation process, proving need in such a way that minimizes an insurance company’s ability to negotiate a lower payout, and pressing all parties involved to resolve the issue quickly.
- You Don’t Have to do the Heavy Lifting – When you choose to pursue an insurance claim yourself, you may think that your agent or the claim handler is working for you. They are not. They are working for the insurance company which means you have to be your own advocate….and know how to advocate for yourself. When you hire a lawyer to represent you, they do all the paperwork, investigation, negotiation, and heavy lifting. Experienced car accident lawyers are accustomed to working with adjusters, which in turn means the claim gets worked thoroughly and efficiently, causing you to receive just and fair compensation sooner than if you were handling the claim yourself. All you have to do is concentrate on your personal recovery and collect the compensation.
- Already Having a Lawyer Makes Recovery Easier if Your Case Goes to Court – Most personal injury cases stemming from car accidents in Arkansas will be resolved via insurance claims or out-of-court settlements. However, in rare instances cases will go to court. While you can represent yourself in the state of Arkansas, doing so is not something most people want to do. If you already have a lawyer who has been working on your case and understands the specifics, taking your personal injury lawsuit to trial will simply be the next logical step in the progression of your recovery.
- It Costs Nothing for a Consultation – If you’re on the fence about working with a car accident lawyer, call the Pfeifer Law Firm at (501) 374-4440 for a free, no-pressure consultation. There’s never any fee for the consultation, and at the end of the consultation you will have a better understanding of what your options are and whether you need an attorney.
- You Don’t Pay Unless Your Lawyer Recovers for You – Not hiring a lawyer because you’re worried about the fees can result in an insurance payout much lower than you deserve. It doesn’t make sense to hamstring your financial recovery out of fear. When you work with an expert personal injury attorney in Arkansas, like Paul Pfeifer, you don’t have to worry about paying a dime unless you successfully recover an insurance payout or win a financial award in a court case.
Still not sure if you need to hire an Arkansas car accident lawyer to represent you? Make the call and talk to someone who can talk you through the decision. If we can help, we’ll do it. If we don’t think you need a lawyer, we’ll tell you. Schedule your free consultation online or call us at (501) 374-4440 now to speak with an attorney regarding your case.